The 664 Field Production Mixer is the new flagship in Sound Devices' line of portable audio mixers. Building on the foundation of the popular 552 mixer, the intuitive 664 has six input channels and four output buses. All inputs and outputs are recordable to both CF and SD cards. This unprecedented amount of I/O connectivity and recording capability makes the 664 perfect for any production application.
664 Key Features List
- Six high-bandwidth, low noise microphone preamplifiers with phantom, limiters, high-pass, pan, and direct outputs per channel
- Four output buses, Left, Right and Aux 1, Aux 2; transformer-balanced for freedom from ground loops; multiple output connectors, including dual multi-pin
- Built-in production recorder, records all inputs and output buses: 10 tracks total. With CL-6 attached: 16 tracks total.
- Broadcast WAV recording to dual memory card slots, CF and SD
- Record different track combinations and to each card type
- High-precision, Ambient Recording-based time code generator/reader with auto-recharging of internal TC battery
- Time code compare tool to measure offset from internal and external time code
- Quick, intuitive interface via sunlight readable, transflective LCD menu control
- Main controls on dedicated knobs and switches
- Two AES42/AES3 digital inputs (input connectors 1 and 6)
- AES3 output selection, up to eight channels of AES out (XLR, multi-pin)
- Expanded return monitoring capabilities, with three camera returns
- Dedicated communication circuit (PL)
- Built-in slate microphone and external slate microphone input connector
- Powered by AA-battery x5 or isolated (floating) external DC, 10-18V
- Metalized, gasketed carbon-fiber chassis panels for light weight and durability
664: Approved Storage Devices
The following lists indicate storage devices that are approved by Sound Devices for use with the 664 Field Mixer with Recorder.
The following storage devices are approved for use with the 664 Field Mixer with Recorder.
CF: Sandisk Extreme Pro UDMA 6, 90MB/s
SD: Sandisk Ultra SDXC Class 10, 30MB/s
PLEASE NOTE: IN STOCK V 1.06 Firmware